With the help of virtual desktops using VMware Horizon, applications such as ImageNow are now available to any employee, from any location, on a variety of devices.
Access from a Windows, Mac or Chrome Device Using Browser Only
- Open a browser and go to the website http://desktops.umes.edu.
- Select the option for 'VMware Horizon HTML Access'.
- Login with your UMES username and password, and make sure the domain is 'UMES'.
- Click vDesktop-Staff from the selection of your entitled desktops.
This will launch a window with a UMES Windows desktop system and log you in.
This virtual desktop grants access as though you are on a physical campus computer. This includes network drives (Q: and H: drives), Microsoft Office, etc.
- Double-click the ImageNow icon on the Desktop and login as you normally would.
- When you are finished, simply log out or close your browser window.
There is no content with the specified labels