UMES provides wireless network coverage to all classroom, office and residential buildings. This document is intended to provide background information as well as help for when issues arise when connecting to UMES wireless networks.
UMES Wireless Networks
- UMES-FACSTAFF - This network is for UMES employees only. Authentication as an employee is required.
- UMES-STUDENTS - This network is for UMES students only. Authentication as a student is required.
- UMES-GUEST - This network is intended only for guests of the University. No authentication is required, however this network is very limited and should not be used by UMES employees and students who have a login account.
- UMES IT Staff has tested and confirmed wireless works with a variety of devices. Typically any device that supports WPA2 Enterprise wireless networks will work. These include Mac OS X and Windows devices, as well as Android and iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad.
- Some lower-cost tablets as well as the Amazon Kindle devices do not support WPA2 Enterprise.
Common Issues with Connecting
There are times that some devices will not connect to the UMES wireless, typically because of a certificate issue.