This page is created to provide information about website editing to website editors and departments with a web presence on umes.edu - the University of Maryland Eastern Shore public website.
Our CMS (Content Management System) is CampusPress which is a WordPress-powered platform designed for higher education websites. UMES departmental websites run on a UMES-branded theme, with pre-vetted plugins and blocks that are chosen based on security, performance, reliability, and user-friendliness. This helps to ensure the website is reliable, easy to update, bug-free, and continuously improved on. Requests for new sites are reviewed by the UMES Web team.
Website Editing Access
In order to be able to edit a departmental website, you will need to request access via an IT Ticket request at: https://help.umes.edu/. You should have approval from the department before requesting access to edit the website. All website edits should be in accordance with IT Policies & Standards.
Training and Support Materials
- Written Documentation: This document providies a written guide with quick steps on how to login to the website and begin making edits and changes.
CMS Quick Steps Guide.pdf
- Video Tutorial: The below video tutorial walks through the CMS quick steps guide using the Admissions website as an example.
- Some additional videos with quick tips about the editor are available here:
Other Recorded Videos for Reference
- CIE Website Editing
- Admissions Website Editing
- Admissions - How to Edit Navigation Menu
- Rehabilitation Website Editing
- Uploading / Embedding a Video
- Updating Admin and Finance Menu - Org Chart PDF
- Fixing Table Alignment
- Public Relations - Posting an Article
- CampusPress YouTube Channel
Helpful CampusPress Support Articles
- Update your content with the Block Editor
- Add image to post or page
- Embedding content
- Posts vs. pages
- Widgets & sidebars
- Categories & tags
- SEO For Schools: Using WordPress To Optimize Your Website
Accessibility Articles & Webinars
- Introduction to Web Accessibility
- Writing for Web Accessibility
- Designing for Web Accessibility
- Developing for Web Accessibility
- Siteimprove Webinar - Alt Text and Multimedia
- Submit a ticket
- Call: 410-651-8324