To access virtual desktops using your Web browser, choose the VMware Horizon HTML Access option.
Browser on Windows or Mac OS:
- Point your web browser to https://desktops.umes.edu and select VMware Horizon HTML Access.
- Login with your UMES username and password.
- Select one of the virtual desktops or applications available.
Downloading the VMware Horizon Software
- To access this environment please visit the following website with your web browser to download the VMWare View Client: https://desktops.umes.edu
- Select the option that says “Install VMware Horizon Client”
- This will take you to the vmware site for VMware Horizon Clients
- Find the line that says “VMware Horizon View Client for Windows”
- Do not select the line that says “VMware Horizon View Client for Windows with Local Mode Option“ - Not Currently Supported
- If you are using Windows 32-bit, please download: View Client for 32-Bit Windows
- If you are using Windows 64-bit, please download: View Client for 64-Bit Windows
If you are not sure if you are using 32-bit or 64-bit, please visit this link to find out: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218
Installing the VMWare Horizon Software
- Install the VMware Horizon Client software (just like any other software installs) and accepting the defaults (next, next…)
- When it asks for the server name please use: desktops.umes.edu
*You will be required to reboot your computer
Running the VMware Horizon Software
- Username: your UMES USERNAME (without the @umes.edu)
- Password: Enter your password
- Domain: UMES
- Once you have logged in you will get a list of Desktops Available to you, such as the following:
- All Engineering Students : Please use this unless specifically asked to use a different desktop