If students report that they are not able to take a test which has been set up for the Respondus LockDown Browser and you believe it should be available to students, then it is possible there may be a "Fix It" error. This error appears on the LockDown Browser dashboard and it is because of a setting was changed in the test options of where the test was deployed. This is very easily fixed.
- Log into the course which has the exam.
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Click on Course Tools.
- Click on Respondus LockDown Browser.
- Click on the orange button which says Continue to LockDown Browser. The Respondus LockDown Browser Dashboard will be displayed with all deployed tests. Take note in the image below you see the Error Fix IT.
- Click on the Fix It button and this will clear it up for that exam. Once the page is refreshed the error will be gone.
NOTE: Anytime you go into the Edit Test Options of a test which is set to use the LockDown Browser, it is recommended that you go and check the dashboard to make sure no error has occurred.
Warning: These instructions have been created for use in Google Chrome. If you are using a different browser, the instructions may differ. The use of Internet Explorer is not recommended for Blackboard.