UMES owns a site license for Respondus. Respondus can be self-installed without administrative rights. Please follow these directions to install Respondus from our 'Trusted Apps' repository. Please note you must be on a campus network to install the software. If you do not have a UMES laptop but have a personal laptop open a helpdesk ticket and the Instructional Technology team will assist you.
- Open a Windows Explorer window and go to the following location, (you can copy and paste this) "\\umes.edu\files\Apps\TrustedApps\Respondus\Respondus4Campus.exe"
- Follow the steps to Agree to the license agreement and accept the defaults for the location of installation files.
- Change the location of the project folder. Your desktop is the best option.
- When finished installing Respondus 4.0, check and install any updates. Here are the instructions.
- When running for the first time you will be prompted for the site license information. That information should be entered with the following values. Note that Institution Name and Installation Password must be entered exactly as it is below.
The licensing information listed below must be entered each time the Respondus software is installed. The password can also be used for the annual renewal of the software.
Institution Name: University of Maryland - Eastern Shore Local Support Contact(s): Installation Password: Y2107I439542670R1e91779dad7bdfb8 (Password valid through the end of: July 2021)