When attempting to connect your game console to the Internet
- Connect a network cable to your console
- Set your game console network settings to obtain an address via dhcp
- Once your game console obtains an IP address it may indicate a connection to the Internet
- Browse Internet based content or use an Internet browser or connect a game to the Internet to verify connectivity
- If you are unable to connect to the Internet please contact the UMES helpdesk
NUTTLE ONLY Wireless
There is a new wireless network that is only available in Nuttle Hall, “UMES-STUDENT-Nuttle”. This wireless network is designed for use by stationary devices within Nuttle Hall that require wireless Internet access, i.e. gaming consoles, smart TVs, media devices, etc.
Here’s how to connect to UMES-STUDENT-Nuttle:
- When you are asked for the network password, enter the UMES campus phone number 4106512200 (no dashes)
- Additionally, you may have to open a browser and logon using your UMES username and password.
This wireless network is designed for use by stationary devices within Nuttle Hall that require wireless Internet access, i.e. gaming consoles, smart TVs, etc.
Devices such as mobile phones, laptops, tablets, etc, that roam on campus from building to building should connect to the “UMES-STUDENT” network to achieve a better, more consistent wireless connection while roaming.