If you are able to generate a Respondus test but you are not able to publish it to Blackboard, you may need to update the Blackboard Server settings which are already stored. First, you will need to delete the existing server settings then create a new one.
Note: This is for Respondus Test Generating Software NOT Respondus LockDown Browser. Also, you can only change the password when you have a test ready to publish.
How to delete the server settings in Respondus 4.0
With a test imported or created in Respondus and ready to publish follow the steps below.
- Click the Preview and Publish tab
- Click the Publish Wizard button
- Click Edit Settings
- Click Delete
How to add a new server in Respondus 4.0
Adding a new server requires that you are ready to publish an exam.
- Click the Preview and Publish tab.
- Click the Publish Wizard button. The publish wizard window opens.
- Click on the drop-down field right of the Blackboard Server, then click -add new server-.
- Click Next on the Add New Server Settings page. The system will check for preconfigured settings.
- Type a name in step 1, for example, UMES Bb. This should be something you can recognize.
- Type in your UMES username and password in step 2. and check the box to save your username and password. If you do not check this box every time you go to publish an exam you will be prompted to enter your username and password.
- Verify that Run connection test is selected in step 3.
- Click the next button. The run connection test window should appear. You might see that this process takes a little while and you may see a Not Responding message on the title bar or the Blue spinning in progress icon. Please do not do anything at this point in time, just be patient. The system will come good. Wait until you receive the "Connection Test: Completed Successfully." message.
- Click Next to continue. You should receive the following message "The new server settings have been added or updated"
- Click the Finish button. You should be all set to continue with the publishing of your test.
These instructions have been created for Respondus 4.0 Test Generating Software.