If you are unable to process something a Respondus you might need to update the software.
Note: This is for Respondus Test Generating Software NOT Respondus LockDown Browser. These steps below have been specifically written for a UMES PC or laptop which typically requires an admin login for installations of software. The update installation needs to be completed while on campus and connected to the network.
How to check for an update
With Respondus open, follow the steps below.
- Click the Help menu and select Check For Update. A dialog box will appear.
- Read the top of the dialog box to see if a software update is available.
- Click the Don't Update button. If you click Get Update there is a chance your laptop or PC might prompt you for an administrative login.
- Follow the steps below to install the update.
How to install the Respondus 4.0 software update
The steps below will allow you to bypass the request for administrative login.
Note: The steps below must be performed while you are on campus.
- Open, File Explorer.
- Copy and Paste the following address into the address bar then press enter "\\umes.edu\files\Apps\TrustedApps\Respondus\Respondus4UpdateCampus.exe" Do not include the quotation marks. The update should automatically begin and will prompt you when complete.
- Open respondus and test to make it is working.
These instructions have been created for Respondus 4.0 Test Generating Software.