MAILARCHIVER IS ONLY ACCESSIBLE FROM AN ON-CAMPUS BROWSER. IT IS ACCESSIBLE FROM OFF-CAMPUS BY GOING THROUGH HTTPS://DESKTOPS.UMES.EDU
The GFI MailArchiver web client allows for searching mail archives in a variety of ways. This article outlines some of these, and shows examples.
- Log into the GFI MailArchiver web client at https://mailarchiver.umes.edu
- In the main archiver window, click the arrow next to the search field to open Basic Search.
- Provide details (review the examples below).
Example 1: Search for any email that contains the word “Renewal,” sent between 10/1/2014 and 11/30/2014, in all archive stores
Example 2: Search for any email from email@example.com, with the subject “Meeting,” sent this month, in all archive stores
- If the Basic Search does not provide enough detail, you may need to do an Advanced Search. Click the Advanced Search link below the search fields.
- Provide details (again, please review the examples below)
Example 3: Search for any email where the subject starts with “renewal,” it has an attachment that is a PDF, in the March 2015 archive store
Example 4: Search the March 2015 archive store for emails that have the word renewal anywhere in the subject and the word renewal anywhere in the body, unless firstname.lastname@example.org sent them.
Example 5: Select more than one store to search. Then, search within the selected archives, where the sender contains the word “Webster” and the subject contains tape? (will match tape, tapes, taped, etc.), unless the recipient is email@example.com. Specifying a group address for the exclusion could be used to rule out messages sent to a group that you’re in and only return messages sent straight to you.