The Information Technology staff is happy to assist you during your stay at UMES. Throughout the conference venues you will be able to connect to the wireless SSID “UMES-GUEST”. Access to this network is open without the need for specific credentials. However, you will be required to accept the University’s Acceptable Usage Policy.
All UMES buildings now have Wi-Fi. Three options are available.
- UMES-FACSTAFF - This is for UMES employees with an active login account.
- UMES-STUDENTS: This is for UMES students with an active login account.
- UMES-GUEST: This is for guests of the University and is available in publicly accessible areas.
- Enable your wireless adapter.
- Open your wireless network manager located on your system.
- Select and connect to the wireless SSID “UMES-GUEST”
- Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- Browse to any website such as “http://www.umes.edu”
- Read and accept the terms of our Acceptable Use Policy.
- This must be accepted to connect
- Once the policy is accepted, you will be connected for a 4-hour session.
If you have trouble connecting to the wireless system, please contact a representative at the information table located outside the session rooms.
Our guest wireless provides standard connectivity and access. This connection does not provide the user any additional security measures. Please remember to follow your company’s security procedures to provide safeguards for your data.