University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES) provides access to various computer systems. Proper use of these systems includes respecting intellectual property. For more information see the following:
I received a notice of infringement-why?
If you have received notification of an alleged copyright infringement, that means the Information Security staff has identified one of your devices as the source of the alleged copyright infringement. In the email notification, you were provided the required steps that must be taken as a result of this matter. If you do not comply as directed, additional disciplinary or legal actions may result.
For further clarification on the claimed infringement, visit UMES's Notification of Claimed Infringement of Copyright page.
What are the consequences?
- Staff/Faculty/Student will be required to remove all infringing material and disable any sharing mechanism.
- Staff/Faculty/Student will be required to remove all infringing material, disable any sharing mechanism, and will be referred to appropriate department for disciplinary action.
- Staff/Faculty/Student may lose access to the university network until the problem is resolved
- Students will be referred to the Office of Student Affairs for adjudication or other actions.
- Staff/Faculty/Student will be required to remove all infringing material and disable any sharing mechanism(s).
- Staff/Faculty/Student will lose access to the university-wide network, including Internet access, until the student conduct process is complete.
- Student will be referred to the Office of Student Affairs for adjudication or other actions. Possible sanctions include, but are not limited to: removal from University housing, permanent loss of access to university-wide network, suspension from the University, expulsion from the University.
|1.0||Original Version||S. Daniels|