The Blackboard grade center has a Blue Circle which (Attempt in progress icon) in a Students Exam grade. This means that the browser was closed before the exam was submitted or the student is currently in the exam.
How to Clear the Attempt in Progress Icon from a test.
- Log into Blackboard.
- Navigate to the course.
- Click on Grade Center in the Control Panel.
- Click on Full Grade Center
- Navigate to the grade column and location of the Attempt in progress
- Hover your mouse over the icon and click on the Drop-down arrow then select the attempt associated with the icon. The Grade Test page will open.
- Click on Test Information below the student’s name. All the test information will be displayed.
- Verify that the test is not in progress. Do this by looking at the Started and Submitted Dates and time. If these are showing today's date and the current time, do not do anything just wait for the student to finish. If it is a date prior to today’s date you can force the submission by clicking the Submit Attempt button in the Status or you can clear the attempt by clicking the Clear Attempt button.
- Click the Submit button.